// Visual Invasion


I'm Kristel, 19 and an aspiring writer. This blog will mostly contain self-rants and plot ideas.


► About me
► Contact info
► My Friends
► My Diary






Template & Skin by : Husnaa.
Big help from : Wani | WHI | C4U | Una


Older Post | Newer Post
100 day challenge day 11
Friday, June 8, 2012 | 1:48:00 PM | 0 Sweet Cupcake
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate




I think this pic speaks for itself. Something I despise the most of all has to be bullying. I'm not here trying to get all pathetic and wanting to put the spotlight on myself - because honestly I grew out of it. I just want to take this oppertunity to share my story since it might be off some support to people who're still being bullied.

I'm not going to be all like "I was always the odd one out, I was different than others." Cuz honestly, everyone's different, so it would just be unnecessary information. When I was younger I had to cope with a lot of hate and bullying for various sides, because I wasn't what people considered "normal". Heck, I looked more like a boy than everything else! My hair was short, I was a shortie and I wore braces when I was 10. Of course I was being looked at by some. But it did something to me, I felt terribly insecure and I tried my best to fit in.. I was nice to EVERYBODY. I did as they pleased, just trying to get that tiny bit of praise from people that'd rather just throw me away. I really had a bad time, to a point where I sometimes just thought that I should just give up on it because "I could never be normal."

That's when I decided to screw being normal. I'd rather be who I am right now then someone who's bound to standards that considers them normal. I don't want to change myself for no one. I wear what I want, I act like I want and I do what I want. If people have a problem with that you should just fuck off right away.

Of course it took me some time to get to where I am now. But I have to say I'm happy with how I am right now, I have people who accept me regardless from judging me on the smaller details. I'm not perfect, but if I was.. Wouldn't that be boring? I've often spoke to people who experience bullying when they were younger - even had some that felt the need to harm themselves for that.. For me it never got that far, I only "suffered" mentally.

There was a time that I didn't like talking about those things to people, just to be sure that they wouldn't think I'm weak. Now, I'd rather tell people my story if it helps in some way than keep it inside.

I've learnt a lot, I learnt to look at myself with a much more positive view. It never got as far as me having some kind of inferiority complex. I taught myself to accept myself. And that really, really took me a long time.

To those who are still being bullied, or who are still coping with those ghost from the past; no matter for what reason people push you around - You're your own person, with your own mind, your own feelings.. Cherish the person you are and don't try to change - Because you are you!

GOT IT?

Good. (: